Aarti and Phillip welcomed baby Sahil at this fabulous Newborn ‘Day in the life session’ by just being themselves. This session captures the joy, struggles and nuances of early parenthood and how much this little one completes them. This Park Slope newborn session ended with a portrait session outside their home as well as some artistic photos showing their love for boardgames for this game room!
Capturing natural newborn photos (newborn day in the life) requires a combination of preparation, patience, and skill. Here are some tips and tricks to help you achieve beautiful and authentic newborn photographs:
- Timing: Schedule the photoshoot within the first two weeks of the baby’s life. During this period, newborns tend to sleep deeply and are more cooperative, making it easier to capture those peaceful, curled-up poses.
- Warmth and Comfort: Newborns are used to being in the womb, so it’s essential to recreate a warm and cozy environment. Keep the room temperature comfortable and have soft blankets or wraps available for the baby to snuggle into. This will help them feel secure and content during the photoshoot.
- Lighting: Utilize natural light as much as possible. Position the baby near a large window or in a well-lit area to create soft, diffused lighting. Avoid using harsh direct sunlight, as it can cast unflattering shadows or cause discomfort to the baby.
- Capture the Details: Newborns grow quickly, so be sure to capture all those tiny details that make them unique. Focus on their tiny hands, feet, and delicate features. Use macro photography techniques to get close-up shots that highlight these precious details.
- Candid Moments: Some of the most beautiful newborn photos are captured when the baby is not posing or aware of the camera. Take candid shots while the baby is yawning, stretching, or interacting with their parents. These spontaneous moments can often evoke a strong emotional connection.
- Involve the Parents: Newborns are naturally drawn to their parents’ touch and presence. Include the parents in some of the shots to capture the bond between them and the baby. Encourage them to interact, cuddle, and show affection while you capture these heartwarming moments.
Remember, each newborn is unique, and every photoshoot will have its own challenges. The key is to create a calm and comfortable environment that allows the baby to be themselves, while you capture their precious moments with care and sensitivity.