While searching for your Westchester Family photographer carefully consider various factors to ensure a successful and enjoyable photoshoot experience. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you plan for a baby portrait session:
- Schedule and Timing: Choose a time of day when the baby is usually calm and content, often after a feeding or nap. Babies are generally happiest in the morning when they’re well-rested and alert.
- Prep: While planning your Westchester family session in studio pre-pack a bag with clothes, shoes and accessories. Include toys to entertain your baby during the shoot. Carry food and snacks just incase.
- Props and Accessories: Prepare props and accessories that are safe and suitable for the baby’s age. Soft blankets, cute hats, baskets, stuffed animals, and toys can add charm to the photos. Ask your photographer what would look good in photos.
- Clothing and Styling: We recommend coordinated outfits in your color of choice. Preferably similar shades in one color, for example blues/grey or burgundy/peach. We have studio outfits available for your use and included in our session fee!
- Hair and Make-up: Ensure you discuss with your photographer the over all family look you are going for. Keeping it timeless is key!
- Presentation and Delivery: Come prepared on selection day to finalize your images for purchasing. Get a variety of shots that show different emotions as well as combinations of people. Your baby will only be this small once! Make sure you get a nice range of close-ups, details and full body photos.
- Wall Art: One way to make the most on your photoshoot experience is to enjoy these photos everyday, but putting them up on your walls as decor. We have a wide variety of materials that we use to create unique wall art that is handmade in Italy.
Remember, the key to a successful baby portrait session is to create a relaxed and enjoyable environment for everyone. Let us plan that dream experience for you! Patience, flexibility, and creativity are essential to capturing beautiful and meaningful photographs. We look forward to being your Westchester family photographers and creating something you can enjoy forever on your walls.
Check out this beautiful newborn session in Boston.
Incredible photoshoot with teenage kids here.
Fine art portraits here.